Blue bin (plastic, cans, glass)
The blue bin is for your plastics, cans and glass recycling.
View information on how to order a replacement bin.
Things that should go in your blue bin:
- plastic bottles - including clear drinks containers, HDPE milk containers, detergent, shampoo and cleaning product bottles (including lids)
- plastic pots, tubs and trays - yoghurt, soup, dairy, meat, snacks (including lids; remove film lids and absorbent pads from meat trays)
- glass bottles and containers - including drinks bottles, condiment bottles, jars (including lids)
- steel and aluminium tins and cans
- clean aluminium foil and foil trays
- empty aerosol cans.
If you are unsure about your plastic items, it is easy to see whether something is recyclable by checking the number stamped onto it. Anything with a number 1, 2 or 5 within the recycling triangle should go into your blue bin.
Things you cannot put in your blue bin:
- paper and card - these should go in your brown bin
- plastic carrier bags
- plastic film, wrappings, bubble wrap
- polystyrene packaging
- nappies, wet wipes, tissues
- crockery, pans, cutlery
- glass panes, pyrex glass, drinking glass
- waxed food and drink cartons.