New, lost, stolen or damaged bins
The content on this page has been translated to support British Sign Language (BSL) users. View BSL translation
You can order new, replacement or additional bins. There is a charge of £30 per bin for green, brown and blue bins. Bins are usually delivered within 10 working days.
If you want to request a new or replacement grey garden waste bin, please view information on our garden waste collection service.
Damaged grey garden waste bins will be replaced free of charge. If your grey bin is damaged and needs replacing, please let us know by completing a general enquiry form.
Lost or stolen bins
If your bin has been lost or stolen there is still a cost of £30 for a new bin.
If your bin is damaged beyond repair there is still a cost of £30 for a new bin. Damaged beyond repair includes:
- damage to the body of the bin such as the bin being cracked or split
- handle snapped or cracked.
Damaged grey garden waste bins will be replaced free of charge.
If your grey bin is damaged and needs replacing, please let us know by completing a general enquiry form.
We may be able to repair a damaged bin if the fault is minor. We can usually make the following repairs to your bin:
- replace damaged or missing wheels
- replace damaged or missing lids
- replace missing plugs from the lid hinge.
Bins are usually repaired within 10 working days. There is no charge for a bin to be repaired.
Size of bins
- 240L (standard) - this is the standard size for most households
- 140L (small) - for households that do not produce a lot of rubbish, generally no more than 2 people in the household. We do not offer smaller brown bins because these are only emptied every 4 weeks.
Unused or abandoned bins
If there is a wheeled bin at your house that you no longer need, or if there an unused or abandoned bin that has been left out on your street, we can remove the bin.
Bins are usually removed within 10 working days.